MilesWeb
MilesWeb Hosting Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Author Topic: What to do, if domain I want is already registered?  (Read 107 times)

Offline Ritu

• View Profile
What to do, if domain I want is already registered?
« on: October 12, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »
Hey,
      I want to buy a domain and for that, I came up with a domain name. But, during registration, I found out that the same domain name is already registered. What shall I do in such case, I genuinely want to have that domain name.

MilesWeb Hosting Forum

What to do, if domain I want is already registered?
« on: October 12, 2019, 06:29:09 PM »

Offline Keeran

• View Profile
Re: What to do, if domain I want is already registered?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 07:32:13 PM »
Hey Ritu,
I know, finding a perfect domain name gets tough at times. In your case, you can do the following things :

1) Think of different domain idea: It is always better to get a new domain name, rather than fighting for the already established name. The reason is, you will first have to put in the efforts to make people (who already knew the existing domain name) forget about it, which is not 100% possible. And then create your identity.

2) Buy a domain from the current owner :
Still, if you desperately need the same domain name, then you can approach to its current owner and ask him to sell you. This can be a costly method.

3) Wait for it to expire :
In such a case, you need to be very patient and wait for a domain to expire. So that before renewing you can buy it.

The choice is always yours.

Offline DipakS

• View Profile
Re: What to do, if domain I want is already registered?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 12:03:36 PM »
If your top and the required domain name is taken, you can still end up with a great domain name. Here are some solutions to consider based on your goals, your budget, and your willingness to be creative.
  • Give offers to its current owner to buy the domain name from
  • Try different domain extension with the same domain name
  • Try some completely different domain name