Being a part of IT industry, you might have been shocked about the recent announcement about Docker Cloud being shutdown and the most unexpected news was the time given for migration is approximately a month. The official deadline for migration is 21st May 2018, so there is very less time in order to investigate deeply or proofing concepts for choosing the required solution.
Therefore, many developers as well as companies are completely frustrated right now. So, we at MilesWeb would like to assist you in solving this issue by presenting step-by-step guide on migrating from Docker Cloud to MilesWeb PaaS powered by Jelastic with zero code changes and minimal configurations.
Steps to Migrate from Docker Cloud to MilesWeb PaaS powered by Jelastic
Assemble all the services into one stackfile with the.yml extension with the help of official Docker instruction.
Follow the link below to install Docker Swarm using MilesWeb pre-packaged template (this is a fully automated process):
- With the link above, you will start with a free trial account for Docker Swarm installation at MilesWeb service provider.
- Some other providers also provide this cluster in different locations but it is already within full billing accounts. Select the required and register here.
You will need to mention the required details to get the required cluster:
Manager: number of manager nodes to be included into a cluster
Worker: number of worker nodes to be included into a cluster
Deploy Stack YML: select this type of installation to perform docker stack deploy alongside with cluster creation and instantly deploy the required dockerized services by defining the link to the compose YML file created previously
Environment: a name for your environment
Display Name: optional alias to be displayed for an environment
Once you complete with mentioning all the required configurations, Click on Install and wait for few minutes for MilesWeb to perform all required actions automatically.
Note: If you want to automatically install Docker Engine for your projects, follow the instructions here.
Switch the traffic to the newly installed cluster with deployed services. For this you need to ensure your external DNS provider is pointing to your new environment via A Record or CNAME, if your environment doesn’t have a Public IP.
That’s it, your Docker-based project is set up and running at MilesWeb Cloud powered by Jelastic in just three steps.
- Deploy from Public and Private Docker Hub Registries
- Integration with Git/SVN and CI/CD tools
- Support of stateful, legacy and microservice applications
- Zero downtime re-deployment and automated updates
- Deployment via “compose up” and “docker stack” commands
- Automatic vertical and horizontal scaling based on load trigger
- Containers auto-discovering and interlinking during scaling
- Sticky load balancing and smart traffic distribution
- Scaling limits for CPU & memory, disk space and I/O usage per container
- Scalable prepackaged cluster for complex Dockerized applications
- High availability across multiple clouds
- Disaster recovery and backups on external cloud
- Multi-region hosting within 50 data centers worldwide
- Live containers migration with no downtimes or vendor lock-in
- Running on bare metal or in VMs from different vendors
- Intuitive UI for self-management
- Advanced configurations through SSH and CLI
- Interactive file manager, built-in stats, logs and load alerts
- Configurable links, environment variables and volumes
- Scripting of repeatable application lifecycle tasks
- Collaboration and access control
- Automatic hibernation of idle containers
How Much Does It Cost?
We charge you for the RAM, CPU and disc space on hourly base only if they are actually used by the application. It is possible to set up maximum scaling limit in order to be ready for any load spike but pay only for what is used. In addition, you might be charged for enabled Public IP, external traffic or SSL.
While your free trial period, the price can be estimated based on monthly daily or hourly particularly for your application. You can track and optimize your cloud hosting expenses throughout the lifecycle of the project with the built-in billing details for complete account or separate environment.
Let’s Get Started!
Looking for assistance to migrate from Docker Cloud? Our technical support team is available 24/7 to help you with moving any complex applications (send request if required).