Watch this video for a step by step process on how to manage categories in WordPress
Steps to manage categories in WordPress:
- Log in to WordPress.
- Go to Posts and click on Categories.
- In the Category section, on the right side, you will see the list of existing categories, and on the left side, you will get the option to add a new category.
- To add a new category, enter the category name in the Name field.
- You can also add a Slug. It’s a URL-friendly version of the category name. It has to be in lowercase, containing only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- The category can have a parent category but it’s optional. If you want to assign the parent category then you can add it from the Parent Category dropdown.
- If you want to add a description about the category then you can add it in the Description textbox.
- Click on the Add New Category button and your new category is created.
- To edit an existing category, navigate to the category which you want to edit and click on the Edit option. Edit the mentioned fields and click on Update.
- If you want to quick edit an existing category then navigate to the category which you want to edit and click on the Quick edit option. Edit the mentioned fields and click on Update Category.
- To delete an existing category, navigate to the category which you want to delete and click on the Delete option.
- To view the particular category page, click on the View option.
That’s how you can manage categories in WordPress.