This article provides you steps for resetting your WordPress password through phpMyAdmin.
- You will need the name of your WordPress database.
- You will need your cPanel login credentials (username and password).
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Navigate to ‘database group of icons’ and click on ‘phpMyAdmin’.
- A list of databases will be displayed, select the database for your WordPress website.
Enter A New Password:
Here are the steps for changing the password in the database.
- In the table list, click on the option ‘users table’. Note that the table prefix might vary for every website.
- Click on the ‘edit’ option present next to the user you want to set the password for.
- Enter the password in the password box.
- In the function box present next to the password option, select MDS.
- Click on ‘Go’.
Your password has now been successfully reset.