The content marketing is ruling the internet and it is also called as king. Now, content is used in many forms like video, imagery, quizzes, social media stories, GIF’s, Google Ads, even t-shirts and packaging products, etc. It is a secret weapon that is used to drive traffic on the website. Being a digital marketing expert, such topics motivate me to write an article. This is because it’s good to be prepared before, as the trend is getting changed all the time and you need to keep yourself up-to-date. Content marketing will keep on growing and we need to speed up our pace to match with it. So, this article will give you guidance about the same.
Content Marketing Strategy Statistics
According to CMI and Marketing Profs study, I am going to highlight the content marketing strategy statistics that you will find interesting to know.
1) Only 54% of B2B marketers are utilizing content for developing loyalty with their existing clients or customers.
2) Only 24% of B2B marketers are giving priority to building the partnership with others to expand their business.
3) 75% of content marketers are utilizing technology to know the performance of the content. On another side, 56% are using technology to know audience behaviour and liking.4) 90% of the most successful B2B content marketers are giving importance to their audience’s or customers’ actual requirement instead of their own planned promotional or sales strategy. Click To Tweet
5) This is actually shocking for me too to know that only 42% of B2B content marketers are actually considering to their customers to know their requirements for content-marketing.
Related: Is Your Website Ready for SEO? Check the Trends that Will Matter
Audience Behaviour and Preferences
Under this heading, I am going to write statistics of audience behaviour and preferences as per the Demand Gen Report 2018 Content Preferences Survey Report:
6) 71% of B2B buyers are claiming that they prefer blog content for buying decision.
7) 64% of B2B buyers say that they consider reviews, user-generated feedback, third-party publications and analysts to know about the brands in detail.
8) 64% of B2B buyers said that they would like to view content in a well-organized manner on company websites.
9) 52% of buyers have strongly consented that, if the brand is delivering genuine content, it would help them to take a fast or quick decision during their research phase.
10) 66% of B2B buyers want companies to make easy access to their content.11) As per the study of the Economist Group’s “Missing the Mark” it is stated that 71% of buyers or readers have changed their buying decision because of content that seems like a sales pitch. Click To Tweet
Related: 6 Crucial Marketing Goals For Your E-commerce Website
Content Marketing Medium and Tactics
As per CMI & Marketing Profs study,
12) 64% of B2B marketers have extended the usage of audio/visual content in the last year, whereas, only 43% of marketers are actually developing and using video snippets.13) It is estimated that B2B marketers found blog articles as the most effective content format for awareness and decision making purpose. Click To Tweet
14) 7 % of B2B marketers are using chatbots for marketing and 4% are using AI.15) 87% of B2B marketers are giving priority to email marketing for better communication with their audience and 45% are opting for storytelling concept. Click To Tweet
16) 74% of B2B marketers believe that articles with maximum word count are beneficial for traffic and engagement.
Related: Social Media Trends For That All Businesses Need To Follow
As per Contently & Libris,
17) 62% of marketers include video and photo in the articles. Moreover, 33% of marketers agree that video drives more traffic and engagement than visual content.
18) 81% of users stated that designing of the video is the toughest and time-consuming task.
19) 70% of users say that article that contains visual assets like images, charts, statistics, screenshots, etc. are going to perform better and vice versa.
Content Marketing Distribution Statistics
As per CMI & Marketing Profs,
20) 70% of users are using paid service of social media and 64% of users are using PPC or search engine advertisement.
21) 80% of businesses believe that paid distribution is an effective way to gain new users and 65% say that it is better to generate traffic, if the website is lacking organic traffic.
Related: Top 5 Content Marketing Hacks to Boost Your Startup Business
Content Marketing Budget & Reporting Statistics
As per CMI & Marketing Profs,
22) It is expected that the content marketing budget will rise by 50%.
23) If we talk about tracking content marketing ROI, 51% of businesses said that they are not tracking or are unsure about it. While 25% of users reported, that they strongly focus on tracking the content marketing metrics overall.
24) Podcasts will continue to dominate content marketing strategies. Considering that U.S. consumers alone listened to 15 billion podcast hours in 2021, this is not surprising. 51% of content marketers who already use podcasts or other audio content plan to increase their investments, and 43% plan to maintain their investments. Even though podcasts and other audio content have a low return on investment, 53% of content marketers say they are the most effective format they use.
Wow! this year has started and its time to implement new strategies to boost your content marketing. In short, calendar and strategies are going to change accordingly. I hope coming year will be the best year for your business and these mentioned statistics will help you to plan your strategies accordingly.