Task ‘MilesWeb – Receiving’ reported error (0x80042108) : ‘Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).’
There might be many possibilities if you receive the error above when sending emails using Outlook Mail Client. You will be able to receive emails with no problem. But, when sending emails, the error above.
1. Try to ping the outgoing mail server configured in email account. Check if it responds to correct server IP. If not, use the mail server IP.
2. Try performing a telnet to mail.yourdomain.com on port 25. Else, use alternate port 26.
3. Try enabling the outgoing port in Internet Security on your local machine.
4. If you have installed/enabled any antivirus, disable it.
5. If you still face the same issue, contact the MilesWeb Admin. They will assist you further.