The article will guide you on how to install and configure the TinyMCE Advanced editor plugin for WordPress. This plugin allows you to add powerful WYSIWYG editing capabilities to the WordPress text editor. You also have access to completely customize the WordPress editor’s layout.
Note: Before installing TinyMCE you need to install WordPress on your site because TinyMCE Advanced is a WordPress plugin.
Related: How To Install WordPress Through Softaculous?
# Steps to install TinyMCE Advanced
Perform the following steps to install the TinyMCE Advanced plugin :
1. Log in to your WordPress site using administrator account.
2. On the left-hand side of the panel, click on Plugins.
3. Click on Add New.
4. In the text box for Search, type tinymce, and then click on Search Plugins.
5. In the Name column, identify and locate TinyMCE Advanced and then click on Install Now.
6. Once WordPress finishes the plugin installation process, click on Activate Plugin.
# Steps to configure TinyMCE Advanced
After installing the TinyMCE Advanced plugin, you need to configure it also. So, perform the following steps for the configuration :
1. Log in to the WordPress site from the administrator account.
2. On the left-hand side of the panel, click on Settings, and then click on TinyMCE Advanced.
3. Now, under the Editor Settings, drag and drop the button icons so as to add and remove them from the editing toolbar. You are also allowed to rearrange their order on the toolbar as you want.
4. To enable the edit menu, select the Enable the editor menu checkbox.
Note: the editor menu will allow you to access the features that you might not be using frequently. For example, there may be an editing feature that you don’t use occasionally, in such case instead of placing the button on the toolbar, you can just enable the editor menu.
5. Make sure that you review and configure the remaining options and after that click on Save Changes.
6. In the left-hand side of the panel, click on Posts, and then click on Add New. The WordPress editor will appear with the options selected by you.
Also Read :