It is important for every website owner to backup the files and data of the website. If you are using PrestaShop, you can easily backup your files and databases with the help of the steps mentioned below:
Backup Files On PrestaShop:
- Connect to the ‘public_html’ folder through FTP (FileZilla).
- Copy the folder containing your website’s files on your PC.
Backup PrestaShop Database:
- Login to your account and go to ‘Database Manager’.
- In Database Manager, select all the tables.
- Select the ‘Export’ option. This will create a file that can be exported in the ‘SQL’ file format.
- Save the ‘.sql’ file in your local drive.
These are the two most crucial steps for backing up your ecommerce store on PrestaShop.