In order to categorize your products perfectly, it is essential to create categories and subcategories. If you want to add products to your ZenCart store, you will have to create categories and subcategories first and then add products to them.
Steps for managing your product categories:
Step 1 – Add a category
- Login to the admin account of your ZenCart installation and go to Catalogue >> Categories/Products section.
- Here you will see a list of all the existing categories and you can also create new ones from this page. Click on ‘new category’.
- The next step is to add a ‘Title’ and a ‘Description’ to the new category.
- You can also select an image for the category and the location.
- Click on ‘Save’ for adding the new category, you must click on the new category for accessing it.
Step 2 – Add a subcategory
- For creating a subcategory, you will have to first click on the newly created category and access it.
- When you access the ‘Category’ section, you will be again presented with the option to create ‘new category’ for creating the subcategory. You need to repeat the same process you implemented earlier.
- Click on the subcategory for accessing it and you can add products to it.