If you don’t remember your admin password for CMS made simple, you can easily reset it with the steps mentioned below:
- The most simple and direct way to rest the password is by clicking on the link – ‘Forgot your password?’
- Once you click on this option, you have to enter your username and click on ‘Submit’. This step will send an email notification to the registered admin email id that you used during the installation process.
- In case you no longer have access to the registered email id, you can change the email address where the notification is sent.
- For changing the registered email address, you have to login to your cPanel account >> Go to phpMyAdmin and look for the ‘cms_users’ table in the CMS Made Simple database and click on it.
- This will display a table with a list of all the registered users. You have to click on the ‘Edit’ option present next to the Admin user.
- In the ‘Edit’ page, you will have to look for the email section and change the email that you no longer have access to with your current email address.
- After changing the email address, click on ‘Go’ for completing the procedure.
- You again need to go to the login page of CMS Made Simple and click on the option ‘Forgot your password’.
- The email notification of getting new password will now be sent to the changed email address.