If your ecommerce website is created through Prestashop, you can choose between different looks and themes for your website. For installing a new Prestashop theme, your first step is to download the theme file locally and extract the archive on your computer.
Once you have downloaded the theme file, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Login to your website’s admin dashboard and go to ‘Design’ > ‘Theme and Logo’.
- The theme management page will be displayed, on this page click on the ‘Add new theme’ option.
- You will be redirected to a theme installation page that will enable you to install the theme in various ways like – by importing the theme file from your computer, by importing the theme through the web via URL or through FTP connection. You can opt for the way that is convenient for you; this article features steps for installing the theme by importing the theme file from your computer.
- Click on the ‘Add file’ option and select the theme file.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button in the related field.
- Go back to the ‘Design > Theme and Logo’ page and look for the newly installed theme.
- When you hover over the theme, a ‘Use this theme’ option will be displayed and you have to click on it.
That’s it! Your new theme is now installed and active!