This article explains the launching of WordPress application on the cloud instance in four easy steps. The steps involve :
- Launching WordPress Application on Cloud Platform.
- Domain name binding and updating ‘A’ record.
- Restoring the database and WordPress website content backup.
- Installing SSL certificate on your WordPress website.
Steps to launch WordPress on Cloud Platform
1. Login to your account on app.milesweb.cloud
2. Go to the Marketplace tab on the top of the interface.
3. A new window displaying the Apps will open.
4. Move your cursor to WordPress and it will display the Install button. Click on the tab to continue with installation.
5. After clicking on install, a new window displaying the Environment and Display Name will appear. You can edit both these options and further click on Install.
6. You will get the message as below :
7. After your WordPress application gets installed successfully, a window will be displayed as below :
8. You can check your WordPress website by clicking on the tab Open in browser. Also, you will receive an email for the phpMyAdmin login details as well as MySQL connect login details in the same email address used for login.
9. When you are done, close the window of successful deployment as well as the Marketplace window.
10. After closing both the windows you will see the WordPress environment along with the configuration as below :
The window displays the status of your app, tags as well as the usage of CPU and HDD. This is the simplest method to deploy WordPress application on MilesWeb Cloud.
A Guide to Domain Name Binding and Updating ‘A’ Record
1. Login to your domain registrar, add a canonical name (CNAME) so that it points to your cloud environment. eg: – www.mydomain.com
2. Switch to your app.milesweb.cloud dashboard and go to WordPress settings as shown below :
3. Under the Settings tab below, click on Custom domains option. Under the Domain binding setting add your custom external domain (eg:- www.mydomain.com) that you want to bind with WordPress and click on Bind. See the image below :
4. To update your ‘A’ record, you need to go to your registrar and change it from DNS Management. Point your ‘A’ record to the IP 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. Also, point your www. CNAME record to domain.com
5. Open a new browser and enter your custom domain name to the address bar. It will display the homepage of your application, indicating that the setup is done properly.
6. Then login to your phpMyAdmin web admin interface with the login details received through email. The phpMyAdmin interface will appear as below :
7. Click on wordpress at the bottom.
8. Then click on wp_options as below :
9. When you click on it, you will see an interface displaying option_id, option_name, option_value and autoload status. Here you need to replace the option_value for siteurl and home with your custom domain name.
Steps to Restore the Database and WordPress Website Content from Backup
Backup is of two types : Database and WordPress Website Content.
Steps For Restoring the Backup Of WordPress Website Content –
1. Login to your app.milesweb.cloud account and navigate to Nginx and click on Config.
2. In the Nginx:Config at the bottom, go to webroot -> Root under the Config settings as below :
3. Click on the Additionally settings tab on Root and then click on Upload as shown below :
4. When you click on Upload, a new window for Upload files will open, where you can upload files either from your Local folder or from URL. If your file is on local folder, simply click on Browse and select the file and if you have the file URL, click on the URL tab and insert the link. Once you are done with this, click on Upload tab.
5. This will upload the WordPress website content in the root directory.
Steps For Restoring the Database :
1. Login to your phpMyAdmin web interface and go to wordpress.
2. Navigate to the Import tab and select Browse your computer and click on Choose File tab to select your file path. After you have selected the file path click on Go at the bottom.
Note: Make sure that you have your MySQL backup saved in .SQLformat.
3. Next you need to update the connection string from the webroot -> double-click on Root – > scroll below for wp-config.php -> click on the settings tab on wp-config.php and select Open.
4. You will see the connection strings as below. Here you need to do the following :
define( ‘DB_NAME’, ‘wordpress’ ) – Keep the DB_NAME as ‘wordpress’ only.
define(‘DB_USER’, ‘wordpress’) – Replace ‘wordpress’ with ‘root’.
define( ‘DB_PASSWORD’, ‘TKz0Rfi1i9’ ) – Replace ‘TKz0Rfi1i9’ with your phpMyAdmin password.
define( ‘DB_HOST’, ‘192.168.100.41’ ) – Replace ‘192.168.100.41’ with the MySQL node IP mentioned in your cloud application interface as below :
5. The restore process of WordPress website content as well as database is complete.
Steps to Install SSL Certificate
In order to install SSL certificate from MilesWeb, you need to refill your account with a minimum of Rs.300.
Steps to install SSL certificate on your WordPress application –
1. Login to your app.milesweb.cloud account.
2. Navigate to Nginx -> Add-ons.
3. Maximize the Addons tab after loading and go to Let’s Encrypt Free SSL and click on Install tab.
4. A new window will open, where you need to insert your domain name in the External Domain(s) Enter your domain name with www. and without www. by giving space as shown below and click on Install.
Note: Ensure that your domain points to our IP.
5. Your SSL certificate installation is successful.
WordPress is one of the most used open-source application for business. Since, it’s easy to use, many businesses create their websites based on it. Hope this tutorial will help you in launching your WordPress application on the MilesWeb cloud platform powered by Jelastic, with the four easy steps mentioned above.