Securing your web files is critical for safeguarding the website data. With Webuzo, you can password protect a directory consisting of sensitive data.
To Password Protect a Directory
1. Log in to your user account of Webuzo.
2. Go to the Security section and click on Directory Privacy.
3. Click the Add Password Protected button.
The form will appear with the following fields:
- Path to Directory: The path to the user directory to password protect.
- Name the protected directory: Name of the directory you want to password protect.
- Username: The username for the directory.
- Password: Enter/generate a password.
4. Enter the appropriate details in the fields and click Save.
Webuzo will save the details and password protect the user directory.
The next time you try to access the directory, you will have to enter the assigned password.