This article will guide you on how to change the Database engine of a MySQL database table.
The database engine is a component of the Database Management System (DBMS). It can create, read, update and delete data from a database.
Perform the following steps to change the database engine :
Method 1 :
1) Log in to the cPanel account.
2) Open phpMyAdmin.
3) From the left-hand column, select the database table whose search engine you want to change.
4) Now, click on the Operations tab.
5) Under Table options, there is a drop-down of the Storage Engine.
6) Select the Storage Engine as per your choice.
7) After everything is done, click on Go.
Method 2 :
In the second method, you simply need to run the following SQL query on the SQL tab after selecting the desired database from phpMyAdmin.
table_nameENGINE = MyISAM
Once this query gets executed, the database engine of the selected database will get changed to MyISAM.
This way you can successfully change the storage engine for the table.
Also Read :