Optimizing the reseller account is important for saving the hosting resources and thereby the expenses. Here are some simple and effective ways for optimizing your reseller account:
- Use standard HTML pages wherever possible as they do not consume a lot of resources.
- PHP, CGI (Pearl), SSI, MySQL and SSL are server intensive applications. Ensure that you are not using these applications just for the sake of using them as they take up a lot of resources. SSL is an exception here because you need to use it for enhanced website security.
- Be careful with the use of large images, MPEG files, MP3 files and any other media content. They might consume a lot of disk space.
- Keep a watch on the customers who set up unlimited mailboxes. This can quickly eat their disk space and thereby your disk quota.
- Inform your customers that spam mailboxes need to be checked and emptied at regular time intervals and they should not grow to become huge.
Signing up for a reseller hosting package is one of the most efficient ways of starting a web hosting business.