This article guides you on how to password protect the WordPress page.
Why password protect is required for a WordPress page?
You can protect a WordPress page with a password so that the general public will not be able to view it.
This helps in preventing most humans from being able to easily find or view your site’s content. This is mostly carried out to protect some of the sensitive information present on a site’s page.
This method does not limit the page from being indexed by search engines, and also, it does not encrypt the page’s content.
# Steps to protect WordPress page using password :
1. Log in to WordPress as an administrator.
2. Locate Dashboard and under it, click Posts and then again click on Add New.
3. Write your post.
4. Next to Visibility, locate Publish and under it click on Edit. You can see that post visibility options appear.
5. Click on Password protected.
(Private option will keep the page hidden from the public.)
6. Now, in the text box for Password, type the password.
7. Click on OK and then click on Publish. Now, when visitors go to the page’s URL, they must need to enter the correct password to view content on it.
Also Read :