When a new theme is activated on your WordPress blog, it by default displays your recent posts on the home page of your site. Several themes are designed with a static front page. This is a common appearance for users that want static or welcoming information on their website’s homepage.
The appearance and contents of the homepage are different theme wise.
Setting a Static Front Page
- For setting a static front page for your site go to Appearance > Customize > Static front page.
- Then select A static page option.
- From the Front Page dropdown menu, select the page you want to display as the homepage of your site.
- Then select the page you want your blog posts to display on from the Posts page dropdown menu.
- Now click Save and Publish.
Hope this tutorial helps you to set a static front page for WordPress blog.